The Rothkoff Law Group is expanding their Care Coordination team in South Jersey. The ideal candidate will have a passion for geriatric care, be well organized, self motivating along with willing and able to travel daily to clients in local local counties.
This role will be mostly ‘in the field’ however you will have a home base location with office support and an iPad. As part of the care coordination team you will work directly with the Director of Care Coordination on weekly calls.
The Geriatric Care Coordinator oversees the coordination of the client’s health and long-term care, serves as an advocate, and empowers the client and family with the knowledge one needs to make the right decisions in every circumstance.
The Geriatric Care Coordinator will:
– Conduct care assessments to uncover potential problems and find solutions.
– Help locate and hire in-home help or other services.
Coordinate with medical and health care providers.
– Review medical issues and offer referrals to other geriatric specialists to provide appropriate care in a way that conserves financial resources.
– Helps plan for the possibility of incapacity or disability.
– Provide supports, guidance, and advocacy during a crisis.
– Arrange for alternate housing, if needed.
– Help to coordinate transfer and transportation of the client to or from their home, assisted care living facility, or nursing home.
– Provide education and support.
– Prepare and guide the client and family through the Medicaid application process, VA application process, guardianship, and other legal proceedings that impact the client’s care.
– Report directly to the director of care coordination, work in collaboration with other members of the Rothkoff Law Group and support team serving the client, including long-term care administrators, accountants, physicians and financial planners to ensure that the right professional is helping the client at the right time.
– Act as a community liaison, develop business for the firm, and speak on behalf of the Rothkofff Law Group and the Law Group’s wholistic approach to elder law.
– NJ LSW, MSW preferred.
– Minimum of 3-5 years geriatric case management and or geriatric social work experience.
– Comprehensive knowledge of the long-term care system and services/resources including housing in the Southern New Jersey.
– Strong work ethic.
– Outstanding interpersonal skills.
– Ability to interact effectively with staff, families, and other long-term care professionals.
– Demonstrated ability to lead change and effectively manage conflict and crisis situations.
– Maintain current professional licensure.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent planning, organizational, budgeting and interpersonal skills.
– Experience and understanding of government and entitlement benefits, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
– Valid PA and or NJ driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
– Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products and computer skills.
– Full time, Direct Hire
– Extensive travel within the Southern New Jersey area required.