ROTHKOFF LAW GROUP COMPANY PROFILE:
For over a decade, the Rothkoff Law Group (RLG) has been helping clients and their families in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania respond to the legal, financial, physical and psychological challenges associated with the aging process. The Rothkoff Law Group includes hand-selected professionals who are passionate and dedicated to serving the elderly and those with disabilities. The Rothkoff Law Group is committed to giving you peace of mind as you plan for the future. Our firm believes that dedicated and superior customer service and individualized attention can make this seemingly overwhelming process empowering and even rewarding.
The Rothkoff Law Group is expanding their Care Coordination Team in Southern and Central New Jersey and seeking two qualified individuals – one for the southern region and one for the central region. The ideal candidates will have a passion for geriatric care, be well organized, self-motivating and willing and able to travel to clients in the counties within their region. This role will be mostly ‘in the field’, though you will have a home base location with administrative office support, collegial support among the Care Coordination Team members, and an iPad. This position reports to the Director of Care Coordination. The Elder Care Coordinator oversees the coordination of the client’s health and long-term care, serves as an advocate, and empowers the client and family with the knowledge one needs to make the right decision in every circumstance.
ECC RESPONSIBILITIES: Client Relations:
• Conduct care assessments to uncover potential problems and find solutions.
• Help locate and hire in-home help or other services.
• Coordinate with medical and health care providers.
• Review medical issues and offer referrals to other geriatric specialists to provide appropriate care in a way that conserves financial resources.
• Help plan for the possibility of incapacity or disability.
• Provide support, guidance, and advocacy during a crisis.
• Arrange for alternative housing, if needed.
• Help coordinate transfer and transportation of the client to or from their home, assisted living facility, or nursing home.
• Provide education and support.
• Prepare and guide the client and family through the Medicaid application process, VA application process, guardianship, and other legal proceedings that impact the client’s care.
• Interact with the client’s full professional team as needed.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND MARKETING:
• Act as a community liaison, visiting regularly to create positive, mutually beneficial relationships with facilities.
• Speak on behalf of the Rothkoff Law Group regarding the holistic approach to elder law.
• Network and develop business for the firm.
• NJ LSW, MSW preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years geriatric case management and or geriatric social work experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the long-term care system and services/resources including housing in Southern and/or Central New Jersey.
• Strong work ethic.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with staff, families, and other long-term care professionals.
• Demonstrated ability to lead change and effectively manage conflict and crisis situations.
• Maintain current professional licensure.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent planning, organizational, budgeting and interpersonal skills.
• Experience and understanding of government and entitlement benefits, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
• Valid PA and or NJ driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products and computer skills.
• Full time, Direct Hire
• Extensive travel within the Southern and/or Central New Jersey area required.
Interested applicants please email resume to Dayle Petrillo, Firm Administrator, at email@example.com.