WHAT IS A LIFE CARE PLAN?
A Life Care Plan is a way to make sure that the future care needs of your loved one are comprehensively addressed in advance. That way, you get the peace of mind of never again having to worry about their care.
A Life Care Plan maps out how your loved one’s physical, legal and financial well-being will be protected from the day the plan is created until the end of his or her life, using the resources of the Rothkoff Law Group’s Elder Care practice.
The Life Care Plan that is custom-created for you combines the services of our Elder Law Attorneys, Care Coordinators, and other professionals, who together work to coordinate care, maximize quality of life, and protect family wealth for future generations.
Life Care Plans are designed to meet two primary goals:
- They give you and your family the comfort of knowing that your loved one is safe and getting the right care, either at home or in an appropriate residential setting.
- They address the need to protect assets despite the high cost of elder care by locating private and public funding to help you pay for long-term care.
The services we include in creating a Life Care Plan vary according to the loved one’s needs. The areas that are addressed include, among others, the following:
- Legal Services to protect assets, coordinate public and private resources to pay for long-term care, and preserve family wealth for future generations
- Advocacy to help you get the highest quality health care and long-term care for your loved one
- Care Coordination Services by experts who do whatever is necessary to protect and promote your loved one’s quality of life
- Assistance with Medicare & Insurance by experienced staff who understand your options and help you make wise choices and resolve problems
Once your Life Care Plan is written, it is reviewed, revised, and if necessary changed along with the changing needs of your loved one. It remains in force throughout your loved one’s life.